In my opinion the Google Groups forum is adequate to use, it just needs a little more structure. At the moment all posts are just dumped into one giant list since it is either configured as a mailinglist or there just are no categories as of jet. As soon as there are more posts it will probably become very difficult to find relevant information. This can be changed however, which can be seen for example in the Hangouts Help Forum . I think a simmilar kind of structuring would be absolutely sufficient. But there are other options. Several sites out there offer free forum hosting solutions (Free Forums and others), complete with backup and support. Of course neither Google Groups nor a free forum appear very "professional", but we should not forget that we do not need to appeal to the casual consumer. Void is clearly a distribution for the advanced user, who is comfortable with getting his hands dirty on the shell and wants to tinker with all aspects of his OS. These people, in my experience, prefer function over form and do not care one way or another about appearances. It is a good idea to expand the the wiki, but it will be a looooong time until it gets anywhere near the Arch wiki :) I do not know how the repositories are currently hosted, but as far as I can see there is no problem connection- or speed-wise. More mirrors certainly would not hurt, but that seems to be a topic for a later date. As these things go, I would assume that universities only get interested in mirroring a distro when it has gained a certain amount traction in the linux community.