Void Linux discussion
From: Ricardo Da Silva <rmh.si...@gmail.com>
To: voidlinux <void...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Issues with kernel hardening updates in Virtualbox
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2017 07:21:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi all

When "slub_debug" is enabled in /etc/default/grub (as
of https://github.com/voidlinux/void-packages/commit/2686d88dd4e2f793c9351f9e7ccc81099013e60e),
a fresh install of Void fails to boot in Virtualbox.

It hangs after printing "write protecting the kernel read-only data ...".

I don't know enough about what slub_debug does to figure out what's going
on, but for now I'm happy to just revert that line in my grub config to get
my system working.

Any ideas of what's going on?

Ricardo