Void Linux discussion
* connman is conning me, not showing anything in wifi avaiblaity etc...
@ 2015-07-28 12:49 Userx Xbw
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-07-28 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

connman giving me grief in user account(s) now, it was working ok as far as
I know, then a re install of OS and now I'm getting this error, the strange
thing is what I can still get out on wifi but no connections are showing up
in connman icon inside of Enlightenment and that trun on wifi check box
does not stay checked, nor does the connman-git icon show any thing but
airplane mode on right click, and left click no wifi networks in listing.
yet I assume because of the wpa_supplicant installed on Void that I am
still able to connect to the last used service provider - providing that I
use the same one, which I am. if this is why then the problem now arises if
I go somewhere esle and no longer am able to connecct to a differnt wifi
provider.

is this someting that is caused due to how Void is setup to handle new
users being added to accounts and using Enlightenment or how screewed up
Enlightenment is, because it is totally expermental wm/de even though its a
really cool looking one?

userx@void :^~^ @~&connmanctl
Error getting services: Rejected send message,
3 matched rules; type="method_call",
 sender=":1.20" (uid=1000 pid=4679 comm="connmanctl ")
 interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetServices" e
 rror name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
 Error getting peers: Rejected send message,
 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.20" (uid=1000 pid=4679
comm="connmanctl ")
 interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetPeers" error name="(unset)"
 requested_reply="0" destiError getting technologies: Rejected send
message,
 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.20" (uid=1000 pid=4679
comm="connmanctl ")
 interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetTechnologies" error
name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
 destination="net.connman" (uid=0 pid=759 comm="connmand -n ")connmanctl>

* Re: connman is conning me, not showing anything in wifi avaiblaity etc...
@ 2015-07-28 12:53 ` Userx Xbw
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-07-28 12:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux; +Cc: use...

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 7:49:19 AM UTC-5, Userx Xbw wrote:

> connman giving me grief in user account(s) now, it was working ok as far
> as I know, then a re install of OS and now I'm getting this error, the
> strange thing is what I can still get out on wifi but no connections are
> showing up in connman icon inside of Enlightenment and that trun on wifi
> check box does not stay checked, nor does the connman-git icon show any
> thing but airplane mode on right click, and left click no wifi networks in
> listing. yet I assume because of the wpa_supplicant installed on Void that
> I am still able to connect to the last used service provider - providing
> that I use the same one, which I am. if this is why then the problem now
> arises if I go somewhere esle and no longer am able to connecct to a
> differnt wifi provider.
>
> is this someting that is caused due to how Void is setup to handle new
> users being added to accounts (not trying to bad mouth VOid, I like IT )
> and using Enlightenment or how screewed up Enlightenment is, because it is
> totally expermental wm/de even though its a really cool looking one?
>
> still looking into how to configure this thing to work properly, any help
would be great ...

[root@void userx]# cat /var/lib/connman/*/settings
[wifi_00216abec708_476f6f676c6520537461726275636b73_managed_none]
Name=Google Starbucks
SSID=476f6f676c6520537461726275636b73
Frequency=5745
Favorite=true
AutoConnect=true
Modified=2015-07-28T12:21:51.201820Z
IPv4.method=dhcp
IPv4.DHCP.LastAddress=172.31.98.244
IPv6.method=auto
IPv6.privacy=disabled

> userx@void :^~^ @~&connmanctl
> Error getting services: Rejected send message,
> 3 matched rules; type="method_call",
>  sender=":1.20" (uid=1000 pid=4679 comm="connmanctl ")
>  interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetServices" e
>  rror name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
>  Error getting peers: Rejected send message,
>  3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.20" (uid=1000 pid=4679
> comm="connmanctl ")
>  interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetPeers" error name="(unset)"
>  requested_reply="0" destiError getting technologies: Rejected send
> message,
>  3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.20" (uid=1000 pid=4679
> comm="connmanctl ")
>  interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetTechnologies" error
> name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
>  destination="net.connman" (uid=0 pid=759 comm="connmand -n ")connmanctl>

* Re: connman is conning me, not showing anything in wifi avaiblaity etc...
@ 2015-07-29  0:55 ` Userx Xbw
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-07-29  0:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux; +Cc: use...

if I run this like this from the comman line it will pop up the
Enlightenment EConMan connection manager showing my avable connectons no
problem, but in user mode I get errors...

sudo /usr/bin/econnman-bin

I set my user to network group this did not fix this problem I am now
having, it use to work now it no longer works period even on a fresh
install, add a user other then root when I log into Enlightenment my wifi
connection will not work I get nothing but errors

I do not know what information one needs not waning to put too much in here
as it may confuse even me.

@ 2015-07-29  0:57 ` Userx Xbw
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-07-29  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux; +Cc: use...

userx@void :^~^ @~&
/usr/bin/econnman-bin
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.0:/:
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied:
Rejected send message, 3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.30"
(uid=1000 pid=1450 comm="/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/econnman-bin ")
interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member="Introspect" error
name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination=":1.0" (uid=0 pid=676
comm="connmand -n ")
CRITICAL:root:Failed to get ConnMan Properties:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 3 matched
rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.30" (uid=1000 pid=1450
comm="/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/econnman-bin ")
interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetProperties" error name="(unset)"
requested_reply="0" destination=":1.0" (uid=0 pid=676 comm="connmand -n ")
CRITICAL:root:Failed to GetServices():
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Rejected send message, 3 matched
rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.30" (uid=1000 pid=1450
comm="/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/econnman-bin ")
interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetServices" error name="(unset)"
requested_reply="0" destination=":1.0" (uid=0 pid=676 comm="connmand -n ")
CRITICAL:root:Failed to get Services: Rejected send message, 3 matched
rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.30" (uid=1000 pid=1450
comm="/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/econnman-bin ")
interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetServices" error name="(unset)"
requested_reply="0" destination=":1.0" (uid=0 pid=676 comm="connmand -n ")

On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 7:49:19 AM UTC-5, Userx Xbw wrote:

> connman giving me grief in user account(s) now, it was working ok as far
> as I know, then a re install of OS and now I'm getting this error, the
> strange thing is what I can still get out on wifi but no connections are
> showing up in connman icon inside of Enlightenment and that trun on wifi
> check box does not stay checked, nor does the connman-git icon show any
> thing but airplane mode on right click, and left click no wifi networks in
> listing. yet I assume because of the wpa_supplicant installed on Void that
> I am still able to connect to the last used service provider - providing
> that I use the same one, which I am. if this is why then the problem now
> arises if I go somewhere esle and no longer am able to connecct to a
> differnt wifi provider.
>
> is this someting that is caused due to how Void is setup to handle new
> users being added to accounts and using Enlightenment or how screewed up
> Enlightenment is, because it is totally expermental wm/de even though its a
> really cool looking one?
>
> userx@void :^~^ @~&connmanctl
> Error getting services: Rejected send message,
> 3 matched rules; type="method_call",
>  sender=":1.20" (uid=1000 pid=4679 comm="connmanctl ")
>  interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetServices" e
>  rror name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
>  Error getting peers: Rejected send message,
>  3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.20" (uid=1000 pid=4679
> comm="connmanctl ")
>  interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetPeers" error name="(unset)"
>  requested_reply="0" destiError getting technologies: Rejected send
> message,
>  3 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.20" (uid=1000 pid=4679
> comm="connmanctl ")
>  interface="net.connman.Manager" member="GetTechnologies" error
> name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
>  destination="net.connman" (uid=0 pid=759 comm="connmand -n ")connmanctl>

* Re: connman is conning me, not showing anything in wifi avaiblaity etc...
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-07-30  6:50 ` Juan RP
From: Juan RP @ 2015-07-30  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux, use...; +Cc: use...

Make sure the dbus service is enabled and running correctly...

http://www.voidlinux.eu/usage/runit/

* Re: connman is conning me, not showing anything in wifi avaiblaity etc...
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2015-08-02  0:25 ` Cassie B
From: Cassie B @ 2015-08-02  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux

After an update several weeks ago I am having the same issue, dbus is
running.

@ 2015-08-02  0:42   ` Userx Xbw
From: Userx Xbw @ 2015-08-02  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: voidlinux