Development discussion of WireGuard
* Installer failed to install on Win 11
@ 2022-02-09 13:59 brian
From: brian @ 2022-02-09 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello all!

I’ve been trying to install the Windows Client on my Win 11 machine. To no avail.

No I can’t change over to Linux on this machine. 😉

The installer downloads fine. When started it just sits and waits for something. After a while, don’t know how long exactly, but maybe around 10 minutes a message shows up and says the installer has stopped responding. I tried a retry, but same procedure.

The .msi file downloads fine. When started, it says wait until Windows configures the install. Then after like 10 minutes, a message pops up saying the server isn’t responding. I tried a retry, but same as before.

I am a programmer, but Go isn’t something I’ve even played with, and I am totally new to this area of computing. I’ll probably open a VM and in Linux hook up this way until the client will install.

Greetings,

Brian Kuehn

* Re: Installer failed to install on Win 11
@ 2022-02-14 17:55 ` Brian Kuehn
From: Brian Kuehn @ 2022-02-14 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello all!

I’ve since this last message been able to install Wireguard. I’ve connected to my server and everything thing works perfectly.

In the Device Manager I have 3 Unknown devices, all seemingly connected to Wireguard. It wasn’t until I deactivated these unknown devices that everything kicked in motion.

Upon further investigation I found 2 network devices showing Wireguard affiliation.

I have to open a windows terminal with admin access to open a Wireguard session that activates.

The thing I am wondering about is, why didn’t the options to run as admin work in the first place? I have checked my Win 11 installation and there is nothing outstanding nor nothing else strange. Any insights would be great.

Also how to get rid of the unknown devices would also be helpful.

Greetings,

Brian Kuehn

Skickat från min iPhone