Hi Jason Apologies for taking some time to get back to you. We tried to verify a few things and to see if we spot anything unusual, and waited for a few mor instances to happen to get sufficient right data. > That's surprising behavior. Thanks for debugging it. Can you see if > you can reproduce with dynamic logging enabled? That'll give some > useful information in dmesg: > > # modprobe wireguard && echo module wireguard +p > > /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control I did enable the debug control and also set sysctl -w net.core.message_cost=0 and have extracted a sample of the issue. Please find it here https://nem3d.net/wireguard_20210512a.txt From my observation, it is always the following symptoms: 1. Everything is WORKING: LXC container d1-h sends handshake initiation. Host wg0 receives, re-creates keypair, answers d1-h receives, re-creates keypair, sends keepalive wg0 receives keepalive etc. 2. Somewhen it BREAKS d1-h stopps hearing back after 15 seconds. Initialization loop like mentioned above d1-h stopps hearing back after 15 seconds. etc. As mentioned, the resolution is to dump the config, remove the peer, and syncconf to restore. This time, I used "nsenter -n" to apply this procedure to the unprivileged container interface d1-h. Lastly, we also saw similar behavior even between 2 physical hosts. I will try to gather similar debug information. Please let me know if further information is needed to better understand the problem. Raoul