On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 12:58:37AM +0200, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: > Hey Baptiste, > > Spectacular, thanks a bunch. I think I had asked about this same thing > a while back, but somehow I got confused in the ensuing mailing list > thread and eventually I forgot about it. So I'm glad you've brought > this back up. I updated the install page with verbatim what you sent. Thanks! Note that the previous installation instructions (basically, just "sudo apt install wireguard-tools wireguard-dkms") were valid for Debian sid. The new installation instructions are only valid for Debian jessie and Debian stretch (admittedly, probably the largest fraction of Debian users). But I still think you should reflect this in the instructions. Debian wheezy is not supported (with its old 3.2 kernel), although it could be possible to use wireguard with the wheezy-backports kernel (3.16). I don't think it's worth mentioning it anyway, Wheezy is old-stable and will soon be old-old-stable. > Jason > > On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Baptiste Jonglez > wrote: > > Hi Jason, > > > > Could you update the installation instructions for Debian [1]? > > > > Based on the discussion from a few months ago, and given that Wireguard > > now supports Jessie's 3.16 kernel, these instructions should be added: > > > > For Debian jessie or stretch: > > # echo "deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ unstable main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/unstable-wireguard.list > > # cat < /etc/apt/preferences.d/limit-unstable > > Package: * > > Pin: release a=unstable > > Pin-Priority: 200 > > EOF > > # apt update > > # apt install wireguard-dkms wireguard-tools > > > > I have verified that the resulting setup is functional (with 0.0.20170421-2 on jessie). > > > > Thanks, > > Baptiste > > > > [1] https://www.wireguard.io/install/