On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 08:25:31 +0100 (BST) wireguard@wut.to wrote: > > I wonder - is it a good idea to depend on > > nonstandard, distribution-specific defines like this? This kind of > > modification IMHO belongs in a local patch applied during a rpmbuild > > for a RHEL/Centos package. > > I think that depends entirely on if you want it to be easy for users > to obtain and use your software. If it requires constant patching and > updates, most people won't bother and will use something else. Absolutely. I'm not saying these fixes are not needed, I merely expressed an opinion that their place is not in the main source code, but rather in a custom patch applied when creating packages for the affected distribution(s). Note that I am not in any way speaking for the project or its developers, I'm just an interested outsider. Regards, -- Andrej