Looks bloody good Jason! thanks, man! ~Bhaskar On 13:15 Wed 29 Jan 2020, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: >Hi all, > >With the merging of wireguard, I've hooked the project's CI up to >quite a few trees. We now have: > >- net-next >- net >- linux-next >- linux (Linus' tree) >- wireguard-linux (my tree) >- wireguard-linux-compat (backports to kernels 3.10 - 5.5) > >When the various pushes and pulls click a few more cranks through the >machinery, I'll probably add crypto and cryptodev, and eventually >Greg's stable trees. If anybody has suggestions on other relevant >trees that might help catch bugs as early as possible, I'm all ears. > >Right now builds are kicked off for every single commit made to each >one of these trees, on x86_64, i686, aarch64, aarch64_be, arm, armeb, >mips64, mips64el, mips, mipsel, powerpc64le, powerpc, and m68k. For >each of these, a fresh kernel and miniature userland containing the >test suite is built from source, and then booted in qemu. > >Even though the CI at the moment is focused on the wireguard test >suite, it has a habit of finding lots of bugs and regressions in other >weird places. For example, linux-next is failing at the moment on a >few archs. > >I run this locally every day all day while developing kernel things >too. It's one command to test a full kernel for whatever thing I'm >working on, and this winds up saving a lot of time in development and >lets me debug things with printk in the dumbest ways possible while >still being productive and efficient. > >You can view the current build status here: >https://www.wireguard.com/build-status/ > >This sort of CI is another take on the kernel CI problem; I know a few >organizations are doing similar things. I'd be happy to eventually >expand this into something more general, should there be sufficient >interest -- probably initially on networking stuff -- or it might turn >out that this simply inspires something else that is more general and >robust, which is fine too. Either way, here's my contribution to the >modicum of kernel CI things happening. > >Regards, >Jason