On Thu, May 26, 2022 at 11:36:37AM +0100, lejeczek wrote: > Hi guys. > > I have quite a peculiar case which possibly might interest anybody - as > oppose to just resolving an issue. > I use a very popular monitoring tool 'monit' to monit my wg0 iface and that > works okey, meaning 'monit' does not see any issue with wg0, but _only_ if > 'qbittorrent' is _not_ running! > When 'qbittorrent' is running 'monit' is reporting: > > 'wg0' 5 upload errors detected > 'wg0' trying to restart > 'wg0' stop: '/usr/bin/systemctl stop wg-quick@wg0.service' > 'wg0' start: '/usr/bin/systemctl start wg-quick@wg0.service' > 'wg0' download errors check succeeded > > in my case monit's action is to restart wg0 iface. > 'qbittorrent' is not, should not be, particularly interested in wg0 iface. > > What do you think is happening there? I'm on Centos 9. Is some kind of > leakage or something more sinister happening there? > Lastly, how to investigate this, how to tell what is happening to wg iface? If I've to make a rough guess without looking at your exact monit configuration, I would say qbittorrent is choking the network interface, causing the wireguard packets to be delayed: You can verify this by: - stopping all the upload/download activity in qbittorrent - if previous step works as expected for you, then you can implement some speed throttling in qbittorrent You can also verifying by tcpdump-ing the underlying interface (e.g. eth0, and not wg0) for the wireguard traffic and see if it's going out, and coming back in as expected. HTH -- Ashish | GPG: F682 CDCC 39DC 0FEA E116 20B6 C746 CFA9 E74F A4B0 "If I destroy you, what business is it of yours ?" (Dark Forest, Liu Cixin)