Development discussion of WireGuard
* wg-lla
@ 2020-08-02  4:31 Reid Rankin
From: Reid Rankin @ 2020-08-02  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

A while ago, I included a link to a Gist containing `wg-lla.sh`, a
utility for calculating and assigning IPv6 Link-Local Addresses to
WireGuard peers based on a hash of their public key, which was based
on a shell-script implementation of Blake2s. At the time it was
intended as a proof-of-concept sort of thing, but I've had some
interested parties contact me about using it -- since I neglected to
stick on a license.

So I've rectified that error, and promoted it to a proper repo. Now
people can hopefully find it, as well as raise issues and make PRs.
Hope it's useful!

https://github.com/reidrankin/wg-lla

--Reid

* Re: wg-lla
@ 2020-08-06  1:17 ` Derrick Lyndon Pallas
From: Derrick Lyndon Pallas @ 2020-08-06  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Thanks for updating!

FYI, I just added this LLA algorithm to the PublicKey class in [1] with
three caveats:

  * it allows for injection into an arbitrary IPv6 or IPv4 address space
(default is the LLA/10 that wg-lla uses)
  * it fails if the generated address is the network address or
broadcast address of the provided address space
  * it allows for an optional blake2b key, to mix the addresses if
desired (default is no secret, which produces the same addresses as wg-lla)

~Derrick

[1] https://github.com/ArgosyLabs/wgnlpy/