Development discussion of WireGuard
* macOS WireGuard GUI - password not accepted when editing a tunnel
@ 2020-07-18 19:44 Rich Brown
From: Rich Brown @ 2020-07-18 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

I'm using the macOS WireGuard App version: 0.0.20191105 (16); Go backend version: 0.0.20191013 on macOS 10.14.6

I can create an empty tunnel and fill it in. But I cannot edit it: clicking the edit button and typing the password causes the password window to shake. I can however, delete the tunnel, and create it anew.

You can see a video of the problem at: https://youtu.be/XlCS1Cb2ubk

I am certain that I am typing the proper password, using exactly the same keystrokes as I use to log in. (Password is mixed lowercase and digits - no odd characters.) I can successfully log in using the same Wireguard app version (with proper password) on my other laptop (Catalina, 10.15.4).

Any thoughts on why the password would be rejected? Thanks.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-21 12:41 UTC | newest]