Development discussion of WireGuard
* Wireguard setup tool
@ 2021-11-12  7:14 Georg Lehner
From: Georg Lehner @ 2021-11-12  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello,

Thank's for Wireguard, way cool!

I'd like to share a setup tool I'm using:

   https://at.magma-soft.at/darcs/wgsetup/

You'll find wgsetup, a shell script, and a README.md file there.

wgsetup fetches configuration information for a peer via https:// from a
.well-known location.

A node using wgsetup can only "see" configuration information for peers
in the same "realm". A realm shares a common secret which has to be
distributed out-of-band.

When wgsetup sets up a connection to a peer it prints out shell
executable peer configuration instructions for the case when the node is
not reachable via https://, e.g. because they hide behind a NAT.

Connections are always configured with pre shared keys, which are never
disclosed by wgsetup.

wgsetup requires a POSIX shell, gpg, some tools of the Gnu Coreutils and
curl.  Current use is on Debian Linux, I'll be happy to receive feedback
and adapt it to other environments.

Best Regards,

   Georg

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-11-15 15:42 UTC | newest]