Development discussion of WireGuard
From: "Dan Lüdtke" <mail@danrl.com>
To: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
Subject: Re: openwrt route_allowed_ips is inprecise
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 09:52:04 +0100	[thread overview]

Regarding the initial preciseness issue, have you tested that on LEDE? I =
can't manage to get duplicate routes. However, outdated testing =
environment. Will rebuild and test again. I can't quite understand what =
the initial issue was. Wouldn't you get a "rtnetlink: file exists" when =
you try to add an route that already exists?

This also can only occur if someone uses static routes AND decides to =
use route_allowed_ips, right?

>> This is pretty straightforward with netlink
>=20
> No, it's much less straight-forward with raw netlink. Raw netlink
> involves hundreds of lines of code to do anything at all. A real mess.
> Fortunately there are wrapper libraries you can use from various
> languages to make it easier.

True. I was referring to the auto-route option I read on LKML a while =
ago. Of course, when done from userspace, netlink is not the ideal way.=20=

>=20
>> Regarding LEDE, netifd should track the routes being added and the =
extra routes do not really do harm.
>=20
> Alright then...
>=20
> Speaking of netifd, did you ever fix that netifd issue with the IP =
dependency?

I am on it. First version did add dependency for both protocols if the =
endpoint name had A and AAAA records. However, I find it cleaner to =
check which endpoint wg chose to use and only add that IP address as an =
depedency. Patch/PR comes when I am satisfied with stability.=