Development discussion of WireGuard
* Default route on windows
@ 2020-12-18 23:45 Ronan Lucio
From: Ronan Lucio @ 2020-12-18 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,
Is that possible to set the default route to egress through the VPN on
Windows machines?

Thank you,

* Re: Default route on windows
@ 2020-12-19 12:21 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2020-12-19 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Add 0.0.0.0/0 to your AllowedIPs.

* Re: Default route on windows
@ 2020-12-20 18:18   ` Ronan Lucio
From: Ronan Lucio @ 2020-12-20 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jason,

I did it, but in this case, I got no Internet access

@ 2020-12-20 21:10     ` Matthias May
From: Matthias May @ 2020-12-20 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On 20/12/2020 19:18, Ronan Lucio wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
> I did it, but in this case, I got no Internet access
>
> On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 1:21 AM Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:
>>
>> Add 0.0.0.0/0 to your AllowedIPs.

What is your remote end?
Does it forward your traffic, and NAT it towards the internet?

BR
Matthias

* Re: Default route on windows
@ 2020-12-20 22:54       ` Ronan Lucio
From: Ronan Lucio @ 2020-12-20 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Matthias,

I'm not sure I got your point, but I don't think so.
I'll have to do some additional tests and will got back later with
more detailed data.

Thanks,
Ronan

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 10:19 AM Matthias May <matthias.may@westermo.com> wrote:

> On 20/12/2020 19:18, Ronan Lucio wrote:
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > I did it, but in this case, I got no Internet access
> >
> > On Sun, Dec 20, 2020 at 1:21 AM Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Add 0.0.0.0/0 to your AllowedIPs.
>
> What is your remote end?
> Does it forward your traffic, and NAT it towards the internet?
>
> BR
> Matthias

* Re: Default route on windows
@ 2020-12-21  8:42         ` Matthias May
From: Matthias May @ 2020-12-21  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20/12/2020 23:54, Ronan Lucio wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> I'm not sure I got your point, but I don't think so.
> I'll have to do some additional tests and will got back later with
> more detailed data.
>
> Thanks,
> Ronan
>
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 10:19 AM Matthias May <matthias.may@westermo.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 20/12/2020 19:18, Ronan Lucio wrote:
>>> Hi Jason,
>>>
>>> I did it, but in this case, I got no Internet access

>> What is your remote end?
>> Does it forward your traffic, and NAT it towards the internet?
>>
>> BR
>> Matthias

Well my point is, that if your remote end doesn't forward your traffic,
you will not have internet access.

BR
Matthias