Thanks for that, ive switched the makefile to use gln and it all works now. On Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 23:08:30 BST, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: > ln: illegal option -- r > > usage: ln [-Ffhinsv] source_file [target_file] > >        ln [-Ffhinsv] source_file ... target_dir > >        link source_file target_file The makefile uses options from coreutil's ln, which aren't available on macOS. Use Linux to build the app. If Mac support in the build system is really important to you and you have something useful you'd like to contribute, I suppose I can futz with the makefile to use simpler options to ln. Are you able to use Linux for development?