Development discussion of WireGuard
From: Nikolay Kichukov <nikolay@oldum.net>
To: Nikolay Martynov <mar.kolya@gmail.com>,
	Dean Davis <dean_davis@withtel.com.au>
Cc: wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: Re: Connection hangs over CGNAT (Starlink)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 12:55:10 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi folks,

I am getting similar experience (though it looks like different
underlying problem) on iOS 12 device running latest wireguard
application using cellular (LTE) network for the VPN tunnel.

Very randomly, it may be from a couple of days up to at most 4 days with
the VPN being active the server peer stops receiving the keepalive
packets because the tunnel has become inactive in wireguard client. It
then requires manual interaction to enable it which then connects
instantly.

tcpdump on the server peer does not indicate any incoming traffic when
it happens, so it is most likely a iOS client component crash.

Cheers,
-N