Development discussion of WireGuard
* M1 Mac with OSX 12.6 wifi dropouts
@ 2022-11-16 16:52 Steven Schveighoffer
From: Steven Schveighoffer @ 2022-11-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Not sure if this is the right place to ask about it. But I have been using wireguard recently, and I have noticed that when I enable the VPN, my wifi signal immediately goes down 1 bar. Also, after some time of using it, the wifi will experience periodic dropouts (on the order of every 10 minutes to 2 hours)

I’m clueless as to how wireguard can be causing this, but I found this situation by rebooting into safe mode, noting that the wifi did not have any problems, and then starting up wireguard to see the drop occur.

I’m noticing that WG for mac hasn’t been updated for 1 year.

Does anyone else experience this issue, or know of its cause?

Will also agree that it’s possible WG isn’t the culprit, but I’m having a hard time narrowing it down. If anyone has experience in how to find what causes this, please let me know.

-Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-12-01 13:11 UTC | newest]