Development discussion of WireGuard
From: Sascha Grunert <saschagrunert@icloud.com>
To: sopium <sopium@mysterious.site>
Cc: wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: Re: Rust implementation status
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2017 11:51:00 +0100	[thread overview]

Hey Folks,

To make it clear for now: If you want to contribute, simply use GitHub =
issues and pull requests. I will take care of the synchronisation of the =
repositories for now.

It would be really cool if we can focus on merging our efforts and =
planning the next steps via GitHub issues. Discussions via the mailing =
list are very welcome as well.

I merged the first pull request for now. Thank you very much and have a =
nice weekend!

Best regards,
Sascha

<saschagrunert@icloud.com>:
>=20
> Hey guys,
>=20
> I would really like to do that. For the main development I would throw =
this into discussion: =
https://github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-rs/issues/1#issuecomment-286521908
>=20
> I guess it would be more visible to the Rust community if we allow =
maintaining it via the GitHub repository.
<saschagrunert@icloud.com> wrote ----
>>> Hey folks,
>>>=20
>>> I want to call for participation of the Rust userspace =
implementation of WireGuard. The template for the initial implementation =
was this: https://www.wireguard.io/xplatform/ and can be found here: =
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-rs/.
>>>=20
>>> What works for now:
>>>=20
>>> - A main working executable (`cargo run -- -h`) which parses the =
command line parameters via the `clap` crate
>>> - General debug and tracing support via the `log` crate
>>> - Daemonizing support
>>> - The wireguard library which creates a local socket and waits for =
incoming connections (reference implementation)