Development discussion of WireGuard
* ERX wireguard assistance please
@ 2021-07-06 13:25 Simon McNair
From: Simon McNair @ 2021-07-06 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,
I've searched to try and find the solution to my issue but I'm no expert
and I'm not entirely sure what to search for.  I would appreciate your
help please.

In summary, If I connect to my LAN via local WiFi I successfully connect
to wireguard:
interface: wg0
   public key: <removed>
   private key: (hidden)
   listening port: 12345

peer: <removed>
   endpoint: 192.168.100.102:50084
   allowed ips: 10.250.250.5/32
   latest handshake: Now
   transfer: 157.33 KiB received, 536.33 KiB sent
   persistent keepalive: every 25 seconds

However if I try and connect via a remote network it fails.  My DDNS is
resolving correctly to the correct IP so I can only think that firewall
rules or NAT is somehow causing the issue.  Has anyone come across this
before please ?
I don't know how to monitor my WAN port 12345 for activity, I tried
tcpdump -n -v -i wg0 to no real benefit.

The ERX is running v2.0.9-hotfix.2 and
e50-v2-v1.0.20210606-v1.0.20210424.deb

High level the infrastructure is:

LAN: 192.168.100.0/24
wg ip : 10.250.250.1/24
listen port:12345
route-allowed-ips:true
peer allowed ip is : 10.250.250.5/32
Firewall policy WAN_LOCAL default action drop, rule 2 wireguard
destination port 12345, protocol udp, action accept

I would appreciate any help you can provide. The aim is to be able to
access resources in the 192.168.100.0/24 subnet using routed ip from the
10.250.250.0/24 transit network.

My apologies if my syntax or understanding is flawed.

Regards

Simon

* Re: ERX wireguard assistance please
@ 2021-08-08 23:37 ` Phillip McMahon
From: Phillip McMahon @ 2021-08-08 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon McNair; +Cc: wireguard

Hi Simon,

I think that query is more for the ubiquity support forum, as you're
almost certainly going to have to supply your config.boot file etc.
which is somewhat outside of the pure wg.

Regards,

Phill

--
Phillip McMahon