Development discussion of WireGuard
* Windows Client - Issue with Tray Icon
       [not found] <437b77e7-7e63-74c4-4447-713eccd42b59@ut-capitole.fr>
@ 2021-06-28 13:44 ` Bruno UT1
From: Bruno UT1 @ 2021-06-28 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi Wireguard Community!

I think I found a small bug with Wireguard Windows Client. I made tests
with version 0.3.14, 0.3.15 and 0.3.16 with the same behavior.

My users are not administrators, so the registry key LimitedOperatorUI
is set to 1.

I made a script with wireguard.exe /installtunnelservice to
automatically open the tunnel on some conditions. The script runs as
administrator.

When the script starts, the tunnel is opened and the status is Active in
the main Window but the stays off on the tray.

If the computer reboot, everything is back to normal but I can't force a
reboot.

Without the reboot, if the user try to activate the tunnel from the tray
in fact the already opened tunnel is closed. After that, the tray has
the good status again, but it disturbs the users.

It's probably the fact that two distinct users are involved. Is there a
possibility to synchronize the status?

Thank you for this great VPN,

Regards.

Bruno

* Re: Windows Client - Issue with Tray Icon
@ 2021-08-09  0:21   ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2021-08-09  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the suggestion. Implemented here:
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-windows/commit/?id=9c230818231d6395c1d4211d78b2f3ea2ed93943

Jason