Development discussion of WireGuard
* macOS client issue with line breaks in the configuration
@ 2021-12-06 18:19 Malte Wedel
From: Malte Wedel @ 2021-12-06 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I had an interesting issue with the macOS client, where I used copy and
paste from an e-mail to fill in the configuration. Although everything
looked syntactically correct, it was not syntax highlighted correctly
and could not be saved. It took me a while to realize, this was caused
by DOS line breaks in the source mail, which were copied with the text
and could not be parsed properly.

 From my perspective, either the parser should be able to deal with
unexpected line breaks, or line breaks should be normalized, when text
is pasted to the text area, to avoid such an issue, which is hard to
understand for the average user.

Regards,
Malte