On 10.11.20 16:38, Yves Goergen wrote: > This is not a solution to my problem. And I still refuse to believe > that my problem is exotic. Every home LAN has this. Which "every" home LAN has two resolvers, none of them being authoritative? Mine certainly doesn't. >  So if your first DNS is up but has no reply for your query, Define "no reply". There's more than one kind of non-reply here. If the no-reply you're talking about is actually a "doesn't exist" reply, then Windows is perfectly correct not to ask anybody else for a second opinion. The net is flooded with stupid (if not to say "terminally brain-dead") DNS queries as it is, ask any DNS provider; no need to add even more of these. Please elucidate why you can't use a fixed prefix like ".home" or ".lan" for these. Cf. RFC 2606. -- -- Matthias Urlichs