Development discussion of WireGuard
* Cannot ping Windows machines on server network
@ 2018-04-25 23:06 Eddie
From: Eddie @ 2018-04-25 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Another minor issue I've noticed in my tests.

I've configured wireguard to connect remotely to my home server, like a
roadwarrior set-up, from both an Android tablet and also a Linux laptop
connected to a mobile hot-spot.  Everything appears to work, except for
one thing.

I can't ping the 2 Windows machines on the internal network from the
wireguard clients.  I can ping all the other machines on the internal
network, the wireguard IP on the server, and the clients can ping each
other.  Just not the Windows boxes.

They are pingable from the server and all other machines on the
network.  There are no routing of firewall rules anywhere that call out
these 2 machines either by IP or name.

Cheers.

* Re: Cannot ping Windows machines on server network
@ 2018-04-26  5:03 ` Kalin KOZHUHAROV
From: Kalin KOZHUHAROV @ 2018-04-26  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 1:06 AM, Eddie <stunnel@attglobal.net> wrote:
> They are pingable from the server and all other machines on the network.
> There are no routing of firewall rules anywhere that call out these 2
> machines either by IP or name.

Are you sure they are pingable? By default Windows client boxes not
reply to ping.

The 1st answer that came up:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/how-to-enable-ping-response-in-windows-7/5aff5f8d-f138-4c9a-8646-5b3a99f1cae6

Kalin.

* Re: Cannot ping Windows machines on server network
@ 2018-04-26  7:36   ` Eddie
From: Eddie @ 2018-04-26  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes.  All the internal Windows machines are pingable from my server, all
other machines in the internal network.  Just not from a client
connected via wireguard.

Cheers.