On Wed 2017-01-04 13:50:14 -0500, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: > Hey Christian, Daniel, Dan, and other maintainers, > > The next snapshot is going to have some improvements to the tooling, > and along with this comes a more complicated Makefile. I wanted to run > the changes by y'all (downstreams). > > - The makefile now has a few WITH_{FEATURE}=yes|no environment flags, > as well as auto-detection. Documentation is here: > https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/plain/src/tools/INSTALL > And the Makefile itself is here: > https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/tree/src/tools/Makefile > > Question: does this propose a desirable situation for you as a downstream? Reading through INSTALL, these parameters look reasonable to me as a downstream. > - The wg-config script is now called wg-quick and is quite simple and > nice. Documentation: > https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/about/src/tools/wg-quick.8 > And source: > https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/tree/src/tools/wg-quick.bash > > OpenWRT should _not_ ship this. NixOS probably should not ship this. > When systemd-networkd gets support for WireGuard, systemd-based > distros should not ship this. But everybody else who just wants a > simple rough script for quickly bringing up and down VPNs can ship > this, as it's a big help to users. It's installed according to the > documentation for the Makefile above. this also looks good. > - There's now an "upstream" systemd unit for wg-quick, called > wg-quick@.service. It's pretty simple: > https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/tree/src/tools/wg-quick@.service > > Question: does this unit seem sane to you? Can you ship it downstream > as is, or will you need modifications? although i haven't tested it, a quick read through the .service file looks reasonable to me. Thanks for thinking about system integration stuff. --dkg