On Mon 2017-07-10 21:53:57 +0200, Egbert Verhage wrote: > Hey Baptiste, > > Jep, I did that. > See the ifupdown package of my own wireguard ppa: > > https://launchpad.net/~eggiecode/+archive/ubuntu/wireguard > > And here is the diff: > http://test.egbert.online/diff_ifupdown_ppa.txt thanks for these pointers, Egbert! i have a few questions about the proposed modification for ifupdown: * do we really want this to be a new interface type instead of extending the capabilities of some other configuration type? * if we can't just extend an existing type, wireguard seems more analogous to the "tunnel" type than to the "static" type, which is what this seems to have evolved from. * it looks to me like configuring a wireguard link this way will require an entry in /etc/network/interfaces (or interfaces.d) *and* a config file in /etc/wireguard/*.conf. It seems like it would be cleaner to have all the configuration in one place, no? * would you consider submitting these changes to ifupdown in the debian BTS? Is there a reason that they should remain in your PPA? fwiw, some of us do also run debian systems without ifupdown these days. I'm looking forward to systemd-networkd integration personally :) --dkg