Hi Jason, Am 24.09.21 um 02:21 schrieb Jason A. Donenfeld: > Hi Oliver, > > On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 8:02 AM Oliver Freyermuth > wrote: >> I tried to boot one of the machines with boot/startup logging (I'm not sure this is the correct English translation, it is one of the options next to safe mode in the WinRE), >> and ntbootlog.txt ended during network driver loading. > > If you're able to supply the ntbootlog.txt and any other logs on the > system (setupapi log, wireguard log, event logs, and so on), that > would be much appreciated. I'm still a bit puzzled about this report > and I'd like to get to the bottom of it. I will try — sadly, one laptop is back in the home office (and the user will stay at home for a while), and the other user is currently unresponsive. I'll keep pushing them, though. Attached is the single log I currently have, slightly sanitized (so I can also send it to the list): - Machine name sed-replaced to "laptop" - User name sed-replaced to "theuser" - Server/Peer IP replaced to "serverip" The issue occured at the following two timestamps: - The next boot right after 2021-09-17 00:27:25. - The next boot right after 2021-09-20 18:52:48. So the next successful boot logged right after these timestamps is a boot in safe mode (without network drivers) to recover the system, which explains some of the error messages. I think the timing of the first failure excludes the two Windows updates you found — still, I will try to collect the Windows update history when I have access to the machines again. Cheers, Oliver -- Oliver Freyermuth Universität Bonn Physikalisches Institut, Raum 1.047 Nußallee 12 53115 Bonn -- Tel.: +49 228 73 2367 Fax: +49 228 73 7869 --