Development discussion of WireGuard
From: Simon Rozman <simon@rozman.si>
To: Henning Ryll <henning.ryll@web.de>,
	"wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com" <wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com>
Subject: Re: wireguard on multi user windows ?
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 11:13:21 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

If your chief finds out, your company laptop is being used by your kid and wife, taken to kid's school and what not, *then*, your chief will get very very very unhappy. :)

Imagine your kid having a trojan horse running on his desktop, just locks the desktop, you borrow back the computer to do some company work. When you connect to your company, the trojan horse gets all the network access to your company resources your VPN connection allows.

The WireGuard tunnel profiles are bound to computer, not individual users with a reason: on Windows, VPN connects the entire computer to a network. Not just a particular user.

Sorry, WireGuard is and will remain "unusable" for such ill and unsafe practices like yours.

Regards, Simon