Development discussion of WireGuard
* Need Help - When 2 WireGuard tunnels are active Windows BSOD occurs upon disconnecting/disabling Ethernet NIC
@ 2022-02-22 12:47 Siva R
From: Siva R @ 2022-02-22 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WireGuard

Hi..

This is my wg setup

2 Active wg tunnels. Table=Off in both. Routes added/deleted via
PostUp and PreDown. Both tunnels have routes configured for subnet
0.0.0.0/0 with low priority(higher interface metric and route metric)

So by default all my connections go via Ethernet unless configured in
the application to use wg NIC.

Problem is when 2 wg tunnels are active Windows BSOD occurs upon
disconnecting/disabling Ethernet NIC. It doesn't happen when 1 wg
tunnel is active

Please let me know if any other information is needed. Happy to share.

I've also posted about the anomaly in reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WireGuard/comments/syk18j/when_2_wireguard_tunnels_are_active_windows_bsod/

Many thanks.

* Re: Need Help - When 2 WireGuard tunnels are active Windows BSOD occurs upon disconnecting/disabling Ethernet NIC
@ 2022-03-16  4:39 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2022-03-16  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Siva,

Can you send me the files in C:\windows\minidump and
c:\windows\memory.dmp if it exists? This will let me figure out what's
happened. These contain memory dumps of crashes, so you should
probably send it to me directly rather than to the public mailing
list.

Thanks for reporting the bug.

Jason