Development discussion of WireGuard
* Windows version two big problems
@ 2022-04-25  7:46 Szymon Nowak
From: Szymon Nowak @ 2022-04-25  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

I  found two Wireguard problems under Windows and am looking for help

First problem
When you generate a key, its first character is „\”  or  „+”
then the peer configuration does not work properly and you cannot
connect to such configured client

Exampe
C:\Program Files\WireGuard>wg genpsk
+RFmc+cEztZ/XcNquWvUJdNqlVfYWB3fM7bVCDaUOV4=

[Peer]
PublicKey = vruCee8G/DSwxotMHfhYQu8hcDEyi6uX4XEjT4FDxDc=
PresharedKey = +RFmc+cEztZ/XcNquWvUJdNqlVfYWB3fM7bVCDaUOV4=

All the peers below stop working

Second problem
When i add rule to VPN peer
example
C:\Program Files\WireGuard>wg set peer_server peer
pExQ/CXgvHrq6kSO15H+PnCwDxENY7Mk3P7rPYv0F3Y= preshared-key
client3_PresharedKey allowed-ips 10.0.0.4/32

Then i cant  update config file
C:\Program Files\WireGuard>wg setconf peer_server peer_server.conf
Line unrecognized: `Address=10.0.0.1/24'
Configuration parsing error

Wg not supporte "Addres line" - I know  , only wq-quick supoort this
rule but wg-quick not exist on Windows platform . Every time I have to
add a rule manually and restart the service, then I disconnect all
clients

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-04-27 18:48 UTC | newest]