Development discussion of WireGuard
* Weird behavior with IPv6 on Windows
@ 2020-10-15 12:04 Enzo A
From: Enzo A @ 2020-10-15 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello everyone,

First of all, thanks a lot for developing and maintaining Wireguard.
It really is an amazing product!
I am running with a strange issue with Wireguard on Windows. When my
tunnel is enabled, DNS-resolving hosts that are in AllowedIPs results
in the A (IPv4) record of the (sub)domain being resolved over the AAAA
(IPv6) record, which gets ignored when wireguard is enabled.
The intended behavior is that the AAAA record always gets resolved in priority.

Here is my client config: https://del.dog/easocerran.txt, and here are
also some screenshots of an example ping showing the issue:
https://imgur.com/a/dnlg6nd

Thanks!

* Re: Weird behavior with IPv6 on Windows
@ 2020-10-16 15:12 ` Jérémy Prego
From: Jérémy Prego @ 2020-10-16 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

hello,

this is because you are using an ip in fdXX: XX: XX. this kind of IPV6
has a lower priority than IPV4. suddenly, if there is an A record, it
will have priority over AAAA. it does not come from wireguard.

Jerem

@ 2020-10-14 23:50 Enzo A