Development discussion of WireGuard
* Netlink API returns wrong attribute ID for peers on Ubuntu 19.10
@ 2020-04-16 15:26 david
From: david @ 2020-04-16 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I've been using the Netlink Generic API to get a WireGuard device's
peer endpoints successfully on NixOS.

When I run the same program on Ubuntu 19.10 (running wireguard version
v1.0.20200206), the peers attribute returned is 32776 instead of 8.
This doesn't match what's defined in
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-tools/tree/contrib/embeddable-wg-library/wireguard.c.

I wonder if it's caused by a decoding mistake on my end, or if there's
something strange happening with the Ubuntu package.

Best,
David