Development discussion of WireGuard
From: Marc Fawzi <marc.fawzi@gmail.com>
To: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
Cc: Steven Honson <steven@honson.id.au>,
Subject: Re: RFC: wg syncpeers wg0 wireguard.conf
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 12:43:40 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Jason,

There are a few projects on github that show up under “Wireguard dynamic”
and most have to do with the functionality I believe you guys are
discussing here (please correct me if I’m wrong) which is how to update the
peers on the wg interface (both add and remove) from the configuration.
There is one called Wireguard-dynamic that has to do with configuring a
mesh by using a key-value DHT or a shared kv store.
https://github.com/segator/wireguard-dynamic/issues/2#issuecomment-502478520

There is also P2P-Wireguard in Rust that uses a STUN server to support
nodes behind NAT.

And wg-broker (another project) that is closer to what I’m looking for.

The official wg-dynamic I think has to do with DHCP like functionality
(from what I managed to read so far) so I understand its completely
separate but the confusion around what “dynamic” is refers to is
unfortunate (naming is always a tricky issue)

Btw, may I suggest having two mailing lists: one for users like myself and
another for contributors and core developers? In Tensorflow and other OSS
we have such separation between the platform Developers and the users.