Development discussion of WireGuard
* Windows 10 has poor bandwidth when using wireguard
@ 2021-02-25  4:51 Feng Li
From: Feng Li @ 2021-02-25  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,
The wireguard version 0.3.5.
In the LAN environment, the download speed is 40MB/s through WIFI to
access the peer.
When the wireguard starts, the speed is down to 8MB/s.

Two machines are in the same LAN.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

* Re: Windows 10 has poor bandwidth when using wireguard
@ 2021-02-25 12:16 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
       [not found]   ` <CAEK8JBCg94R_AgrS6ek7DEUjEiCGFE4M3utipCRDLj5VUQa0vA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2021-02-25 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try out version 0.3.6, just released minutes ago, which should be much
much faster.

@ 2021-02-25 14:35     ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2021-02-25 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Feng,

Great to hear!

You wrote:
> In the LAN environment, the download speed is 40MB/s through WIFI to access the peer.
> When the wireguard starts, the speed is down to 8MB/s.
And now:
> The speed is up to 25MB/s, 2x faster than the previous version.

So new speed is 3.125x old speed.

I'll keep thinking about the problem space and try to get us up to the
full 40MB/s.

Jason

* Re: Windows 10 has poor bandwidth when using wireguard
@ 2021-02-25 14:37       ` Feng Li
From: Feng Li @ 2021-02-25 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Great, Amazing!
thanks!