Development discussion of WireGuard
* Hairpin/interface change...
@ 2021-02-23 23:24 Peter Truman
From: Peter Truman @ 2021-02-23 23:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,

I'll no doubt be shot for asking, but having just switched routers to
one which appears not to want to support hairpin, everything I had
running has keeled over (yay).

I have setup internal DNS to point to the internal WG address, as well
as having a valid external one, but wireguard (Android) won't survive
an interface change (mobile to wifi and vice versa) - as I think it
tries the previously remembered IP.

Is there anyway to set an option for "crappy router" to force a DNS
lookup on an interface change? (or does the Android device DNS cache
break that?)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-07 17:23 UTC | newest]