Development discussion of WireGuard
* macOS Client DNS
@ 2021-04-27 17:47 John Clendenen
From: John Clendenen @ 2021-04-27 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,

Looking for the proper place to get help with DNS in the macOS client.
If this is not it, please point me in the right direction.

I have macOS clients using wireguard to remote into the office. It
works great except the DNS server configured in the wg config (DNS =
X.X.X.X) is not always honored. The system will use the DNS server
configured on the physical interface instead.

This of course causes failure resolving records on the private lan and
DNS leaks.

Is this expected? Do I need to engineer some sort of workaround or is
this a bug?

I have run into this in previous cases with L2TP/ipsec in which case
the solution was to adjust the interface “service order” in macOS, but
the wireguard interface does not appear in that list.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-28  0:43 UTC | newest]