What’s with all the “Built Invalid Date” below each commit hash. On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 23:37 Bhaskar Chowdhury wrote: > Looks bloody good Jason! thanks, man! > > ~Bhaskar > > On 13:15 Wed 29 Jan 2020, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: > >Hi all, > > > >With the merging of wireguard, I've hooked the project's CI up to > >quite a few trees. We now have: > > > >- net-next > >- net > >- linux-next > >- linux (Linus' tree) > >- wireguard-linux (my tree) > >- wireguard-linux-compat (backports to kernels 3.10 - 5.5) > > > >When the various pushes and pulls click a few more cranks through the > >machinery, I'll probably add crypto and cryptodev, and eventually > >Greg's stable trees. If anybody has suggestions on other relevant > >trees that might help catch bugs as early as possible, I'm all ears. > > > >Right now builds are kicked off for every single commit made to each > >one of these trees, on x86_64, i686, aarch64, aarch64_be, arm, armeb, > >mips64, mips64el, mips, mipsel, powerpc64le, powerpc, and m68k. For > >each of these, a fresh kernel and miniature userland containing the > >test suite is built from source, and then booted in qemu. > > > >Even though the CI at the moment is focused on the wireguard test > >suite, it has a habit of finding lots of bugs and regressions in other > >weird places. For example, linux-next is failing at the moment on a > >few archs. > > > >I run this locally every day all day while developing kernel things > >too. It's one command to test a full kernel for whatever thing I'm > >working on, and this winds up saving a lot of time in development and > >lets me debug things with printk in the dumbest ways possible while > >still being productive and efficient. > > > >You can view the current build status here: > >https://www.wireguard.com/build-status/ > > > >This sort of CI is another take on the kernel CI problem; I know a few > >organizations are doing similar things. I'd be happy to eventually > >expand this into something more general, should there be sufficient > >interest -- probably initially on networking stuff -- or it might turn > >out that this simply inspires something else that is more general and > >robust, which is fine too. Either way, here's my contribution to the > >modicum of kernel CI things happening. > > > >Regards, > >Jason > _______________________________________________ > WireGuard mailing list > WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com > https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/wireguard > -- Sent from Gmail Mobile