Development discussion of WireGuard
* [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard in Rust development started
@ 2017-02-21 11:48 Sascha Grunert
From: Sascha Grunert @ 2017-02-21 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hey folks,

It is great to hear that we can start with the development of the Rust =
version of WireGuard!

The repository can be found here: https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-rs/
A GitHub mirror does also exist: =
https://github.com/WireGuard/wireguard-rs

I suggest do use the mailing list and the GitHub features for issue =
handling and discussions.

What do we have for now: I added some initial implementation example =
which uses tokio.rs
(https://tokio.rs) and a custom device handling. You can try it out by =
doing:

```
$ cargo test
$ nc -u 127.0.0.1 8080
Hello world
```

For testing purposes it creates a dummy interface in /tmp where the =
incoming traffic will be
redirected to this interface. Incoming traffic from this interface =
should be sent to the client.

As next steps we can make the server working and add device handling for =
other platforms as
well. :)

Best regards,
Sascha

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard in Rust development started
@ 2017-02-21 11:50 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-02-21 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Congrats Sascha. Looking forward to seeing this implementation come to
life. Let me know how I can be of any assistance.

Regards,
Jason