Development discussion of WireGuard
* Wintun devices and Wireshark/npcap
@ 2020-11-18 11:58 Per Allansson
From: Per Allansson @ 2020-11-18 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,

currently Wintun devices are not seen by Wireshark/npcap, which is a
bit annoying as it removes a simple way of debugging problems with
various protocols over VPNs that use Wintun.

There is an issue reported here (with some comments from me):

https://github.com/nmap/npcap/issues/173

Does anyone have any extra hints/info to provide to that ticket as to
how to add support for the Wintun devices?

Kind Regards,

* Re: Wintun devices and Wireshark/npcap
@ 2020-11-18 14:16 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2020-11-18 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Per,

I noticed the same. It seems like npcap isn't binding to NdisMediumIP
for layer 3 devices. Thanks for posting that github issue. I'll add
some details to it so that the npcap developers can fix it.

Jason