Development discussion of WireGuard
* wintun.dll + go CreateTun crash
@ 2021-10-14  0:40 Clint Dovholuk
From: Clint Dovholuk @ 2021-10-14  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Our project calls
	tun.CreateTUN(interfaceName, mtu).

I upgraded to windows 11 tonight and this call now crashes at:

golang.zx2c4.com/wireguard@v0.0.20201119-0.20201209004655-310ae107c346/tun
/wintun/wintun_windows.go:89

which is this system call:
	r0, _, e1 := syscall.Syscall(procWintunOpenAdapter.Addr(), 2,
uintptr(unsafe.Pointer(pool)), uintptr(unsafe.Pointer(ifname16)), 0)

I'm going to try to debug why myself but figured I'd reach out to the
mailing list in case this was a known issue that's already solved or being
worked on?

Thanks (I can supply the full stack if you like but I wouldn't think it'd
help and decided to keep this mail shorter)
-Clint

* Re: wintun.dll + go CreateTun crash
@ 2021-10-14  1:30 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2021-10-14  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

If you're using the latest wireguard-go, make sure you're also using
the latest wintun.dll (v0.14 as of writing). You can download the dll
from wintun.net.