Development discussion of WireGuard
* Seeking Fedora Maintainer
@ 2016-12-19  0:13 Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2016-12-19  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

Joe, the current maintainer of the Fedora package, has been MIA. Are
there any other Fedora users on this list who might want to help him
out with package maintenance?

Thanks,
Jason

* Re: Seeking Fedora Maintainer
@ 2016-12-19  0:16 ` Joe Doss
From: Joe Doss @ 2016-12-19  0:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I will get the packages up to date this week. Just had my second kid two
months ago and life is kicking my ass. :)

I will see about setting up some sort of automatic build from git as well
so this doesn't lag behind again.

Joe

@ 2016-12-19  0:21   ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2016-12-19  0:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey Joe,

Nice to hear you're still out there, and huge congratulations on your
new kid! This is the best possible reply we could receive.

If you do automate the git build, be sure to build just based on newly
released tags, not on every commit. Also, since you last updated, the
tags have lost their `experimental-` prefix, which will slightly
change the URL. As well, for DKIM, there's now the `make dkim-install`
target, so that you don't have to manage which files are necessary
yourself. Check out what the Arch build does --
https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/PKGBUILD?h=wireguard --
and if you look in the Makefile, you'll find quite a few paths that
you can override with environment variables, to match your liking.

Finally, please don't hesitate to get help in the maintenance burden
from potential others who might be around who could help.

@ 2016-12-23  3:57 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2016-12-23  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

A quick update. Joe is back in action! Fedora users should have a nice
update now.

@ 2017-02-28 16:28   ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2017-02-28 16:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Version bump?

@ 2017-03-03  3:58     ` Joe Doss
From: Joe Doss @ 2017-03-03  3:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On 02/28/2017 10:28 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Version bump?

Sorry for the delays. It's building on copr now.

--
Joe Doss
joe@solidadmin.com