Development discussion of WireGuard
From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
To: Joe Doss <joe@solidadmin.com>
Subject: Re: trouble installing on Fedora and CentOS
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 01:21:47 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi Joe,

Could you look into Adam's issue with your package?

Adam,

Can you provide the full output of whatever is behind "warning:
%post(wireguard-dkms-1:0.0.20170629-2.fc25.noarch) scriptlet failed,
exit status 1"? Is there a debug switch to get more verbose logs?

Why not install this directly from copr? Additionally, why are you
installing 0629? That package is very old.

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jdoss/wireguard/

Jason

On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 9:58 PM, adam souzis <adam@souzis.com> wrote:

> I've been impressed with Wireguard, its design has helped simplify the im=
plementation of a distributed sandbox app I am building quite a bit. But I =
have had mixed results getting it running on different distributions.

> The good news is that I can report that I was able to build, install and =
run Wireguard on CoreOs.

> The bad news is I was unable to get Wireguard working on either CentOS 7,=
 Fedora 26 or Fedora 25 (running these on AWS), it doesn't appear to be ins=
talling the kernel module properly.

> Here's what I see when install the RPM:
>
> + dkms add -m wireguard -v 0.0.20170629 -q --rpm_safe_upgrade
>
> + dkms build -m wireguard -v 0.0.20170629 -q
>
> + dkms install -m wireguard -v 0.0.20170629 -q
>
> D: %post(wireguard-dkms-1:0.0.20170629-2.fc25.noarch): waitpid(14760) rc =
14760 status 100

> warning: %post(wireguard-dkms-1:0.0.20170629-2.fc25.noarch) scriptlet fai=
led, exit status 1

> Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package wireguard-dkms
>

> Looks like it might have worked:
>
> [fedora@ip-1~]$ sudo dkms status
>
> wireguard, 0.0.20170629: added
>
> BUT:
>
> [fedora@ip-1 ~]$ sudo ip link add dev wg0 type wireguard
>
> RTNETLINK answers: Operation not supported
>
> I tried this on the latest version of the RPM and this earlier version. I=
 also tried compiling it from source on Fedora but make failed early on.

> I disabled selinux, verified the kernel config is good and manually enabl=
ed udp_tunnel for good measure. Any other suggestions? (I did see an earlie=
r post here recommending using kernel-ml for centos 7 but I need to use the=
 Atomic Host variant and swapping out the kernel on that is non-trivial. I =
was hoping using a recent Fedora would solve the kernel compatibility issue=
s.)