Development discussion of WireGuard
* Windows Client - UI improvement
@ 2020-03-30  6:38 Phillip McMahon
From: Phillip McMahon @ 2020-03-30  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Would it be possible to pin the context items from the taskbar icon
rather than having to scroll through the list of tunnels to get there?

The context items are

Manage tunnels...
Import tunnel(s) from file...
About WireGuard...
Exit

I have over 150 tunnel definitions and getting to those options is
awkward, to say the least.

Thanks in advance,

Phill

--
Use this contact page to send me encrypted messages and files

https://flowcrypt.com/me/phillipmcmahon

P.S. Drowning in email? Try SaneBox and take back control:
http://sanebox.com/t/old3m. I love it.

* Re: Windows Client - UI improvement
@ 2020-06-17  5:18 ` Phillip McMahon
From: Phillip McMahon @ 2020-06-17  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Would this small improvement be possible in a future Windows client update?

@ 2020-06-17  5:49   ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2020-06-17  5:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I agree that having everything in the context menu can be a bit
unwieldy. I'm not sure I can imagine what you proposed with regard to
a "pinning" mechanism. Maybe you can draw something in MS paint
describing what you have in mind?

* Re: Windows Client - UI improvement
@ 2020-06-17  6:47     ` Phillip McMahon
From: Phillip McMahon @ 2020-06-17  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm no Picasso, but take a look at the attached.

Essentially pin the standard set of options to be always visible, and
make the conf area scrollable.

On Wed, 17 Jun 2020 at 07:49, Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:

> I agree that having everything in the context menu can be a bit
> unwieldy. I'm not sure I can imagine what you proposed with regard to
> a "pinning" mechanism. Maybe you can draw something in MS paint
> describing what you have in mind?

--
Use this contact page to send me encrypted messages and files

https://flowcrypt.com/me/phillipmcmahon

P.S. Drowning in email? Try SaneBox and take back control:
http://sanebox.com/t/old3m. I love it.

[-- Attachment #2: wg scroll area.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 33055 bytes --]

* Re: Windows Client - UI improvement
@ 2020-06-17  7:39       ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2020-06-17  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 12:49 AM Phillip McMahon
<phillip.mcmahon@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm no Picasso, but take a look at the attached.
>
> Essentially pin the standard set of options to be always visible, and
> make the conf area scrollable.

Oohh ho ho, that is a really nice idea. I have no idea how to do that
with standard win32 API menu calls, but maybe there's some way. I'll
look around. I'm also CCing Alexander who is pretty savvy with that
sort of thing too.

Jason

* RE: Windows Client - UI improvement
@ 2020-06-17 13:46       ` Simon Rozman