Development discussion of WireGuard
From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
Subject: Re: WireGuard on macOS stopped working after 1.0.10 update
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 22:53:49 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi list,

To provide an update on this issue:

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 2:43 AM Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:
> I'm really very sorry about this regression. I fixed it earlier today
> already here: https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-apple/commit/?id=20bdf46792905de8862ae7641e50e0f9f99ec946
> but now we're stuck having to wait for Apple's review of the fix. This
> is as frustrating for me as it is for you.

The macOS update went through, and version 1.0.11 is now available
from the App Store. In my tests, this fixes the issue, but some
confirmation from list subscribers is always helpful.

However, they rejected the iOS update, due to the link in the version
info window to https://www.wireguard.com/donations/ that we've had on
there for two years. You can see their rejection here:
https://data.zx2c4.com/apple-asks-me-to-remove-donation-link-from-app.png
https://data.zx2c4.com/the-screenshot-that-apple-provided.png

Not wanting to hold up getting this fix deployed, I quickly removed
the link and resubmitted to the App Store:
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-apple/commit/?id=a4fc0f64b8bca8afae5abab37b81ba0b45836975

So now the process of getting that fix deployed on iOS starts from the
beginning again. It could take another 24 hours. It could take a full
month. The process is opaque, and try as I may, I don't know what else
I can do to get the fix out faster.

And again, I'm really very sorry about the regression in the code, and
that we didn't catch it earlier. I hope the update gets deployed to
you all sooner rather than later.

Jason