Development discussion of WireGuard
From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] wireguard-linux-compat v1.0.20200712 released
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2020 22:06:06 -0600	[thread overview]

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 9:34 PM Jason A. Donenfeld <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:
>   * compat: SUSE 15.1 is the final SUSE we need to support
>
>   >=15.2 is in SUSE's kernel now. We'll be dropping 15.1 support in a
>   few weeks after people have had time to upgrade.

As said above, SUSE backported WireGuard into their kernel for 15.2,
both on the OpenSUSE variant and on their enterprise distro. This is
terrific news.

I'm considering making this compat module release the last release
that supports the now-old 15.1 release. `zypper update` automatically
puts people on 15.2, as far as I can tell, and it seems like the
general path for SUSE is to update. Plus, people who tend to use
WireGuard tend to like to update.

I put this in the git repo a few minutes ago:
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-linux-compat/commit/?id=2a1b895ec2f529a75a6bc63fd5b6baee2b1735b3

If anybody thinks that 15.1 support would be worth preserving for more
releases (how many?), this would be the time to speak up. I'm happy to
have my presumptions about SUSE user update habits proved wrong and to
change course accordingly.

Jason