Development discussion of WireGuard
* Wintun changelog?
@ 2021-02-15 13:32 Clint Dovholuk
From: Clint Dovholuk @ 2021-02-15 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is not a wireguard issue/question, this is one for wintun. Is there a
changelog for Wintun itself? We're using wintun and we're seeing some
strange behavior in windows around DHCP somehow not working. The individual
reports that turning our software off (which closes the wintun
session/removes the adapter) 'fixes the problem' but an ipconfig /all taken
before this action shows the user having no valid IPv4 address. They have
the 169.*.*.* assigned IP.  Our software doesn't/shouldn't interfere with
DHCP at all and I doubt wintun would but I did notice we used wintun 0.10.0
and 0.10.1 is out.

I was wondering if there's a changelog somewhere that I didn't find - I
checked all the regular places but just didn't locate it. Hopefully I didn't
miss it. I expect to read the commit log to determine the changes in
between.

Thanks

* Re: Wintun changelog?
@ 2021-02-15 18:04 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2021-02-15 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Changes are available in the git repo:

https://git.zx2c4.com/wintun/log/

Regarding DHCP -- Wintun is Layer 3, so DHCP doesn't go over it. I'm
not sure what the user in question is up to but it's hard to narrow
this down without extensive information.