Development discussion of WireGuard
* Add Wireguard to Linux staging tree
@ 2019-05-14  9:11 Rene 'Renne' Bartsch, B.Sc. Informatics
From: Rene 'Renne' Bartsch, B.Sc. Informatics @ 2019-05-14  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

it seems activities adding Wireguard to the Linux kernel have stopped because of lack of audits and cryptographic weakness tests.
I suggest to offer adding Zinc/Wireguard to the Linux kernel staging tree to make it easily available for testing and auditing.

Regards,

Renne

* Re: Add Wireguard to Linux staging tree
@ 2019-05-14 19:46 ` Greg KH
From: Greg KH @ 2019-05-14 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 11:11:52AM +0200, Rene 'Renne' Bartsch, B.Sc. Informatics wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it seems activities adding Wireguard to the Linux kernel have stopped
> because of lack of audits and cryptographic weakness tests.

That is not why it has stopped.

> I suggest to offer adding Zinc/Wireguard to the Linux kernel staging
> tree to make it easily available for testing and auditing.

It's easy to test and audit today, adding it to staging is not going to
help that out any, sorry.

thanks,

greg k-h

* Re: Add Wireguard to Linux staging tree
@ 2019-05-14 20:18   ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2019-05-14 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)