Development discussion of WireGuard
* WireGuard on Windows: Unable to create Wintun interface: Error registering rings: Error listing NDIS interfaces: no interfaces found
@ 2020-08-08 11:44 Ferad Zyulkyarov
From: Ferad Zyulkyarov @ 2020-08-08 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,

I have installed WireGuard on Windows server 2017. When I manually
activate the tunnel through the client application (manager) all works
fine. After I restart the computer, WireGuard fails to start
automatically. The log contains the following error:

[tun] [wg0] Unable to create Wintun interface: Error registering
rings: Error listing NDIS interfaces: no interfaces found

I can explicitly/manually activate the tunnel through the client
application but I need the tunnel to start automatically if the
machine restarts.

I have it installed in other Windows Server 2017 machines and on those
machines WireGuard starts automatically when the system boots.

I would appreciate your help in addressing the problem of WireGuard
auto start when the machine boots.

Thanks in advance