Development discussion of WireGuard
From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
To: Eiji Tanioka <tanioka404@gmail.com>
	Harsh Shandilya <msfjarvis@gmail.com>,
	 Simon Rozman <simon@rozman.si>,
	Roopesh Chander S <roop@roopc.net>
Subject: Re: Question about Crowdin operation
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 14:08:16 -0600	[thread overview]

On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 9:56 AM Eiji Tanioka <tanioka404@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm translating WireGuard apps into Japanese.
> I have a question about operation in Crowdin.
>
> When translate, we translators need to clarify about original string's
> context or meaning. In that situation, which option is preferred?
>
> - send ML about question.
> - in Crowdin, use comment.
> - in Crowdin, use comment and flag "Issue".
> - in Crowdin, use Discussion.
>
> # I had used second option, but never mention to anyone.
> # Should I had to mention to ?
>
> Kind regards,
> Eiji Tanioka

Hey Eiji,

CC'ing Harsh, Simon, and Roopesh, as they might have different
opinions on what they prefer.

From my end, any form of communication is fine, whether its on Crowdin
or on the mailing list, because lowering the barrier for people to
volunteer their hours translating strings for us seems like a good
thing.

I suppose one advantage of Crowdin is that the discussions are placed
beside the translations, which makes it easy for future people to
correlate the two, and most discussions tend to be clarifications on
particular strings, rather than interesting technical conversation
that would benefit from the archiving afforded by mailing lists.

AFAICT, the "issue" flag sends us an email notification, which is a
good thing if you need an answer.

Jason