Development discussion of WireGuard
From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
To: "Anthony J. Bentley" <anthony@anjbe.name>
Subject: Re: WireGuard for OpenBSD
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 14:28:13 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Anthony J. Bentley <anthony@anjbe.name> w=
rote:
> Attached is one. It will need to be updated to use the next tag once
> it's released.

Looks good to me. Indeed I don't like this manually carrying files
from the next release in ${FILES}, but that problem goes away entirely
when I do actually tag that next release.

I've also moved all the usages of install's -v switch in the Makefile
to be the first switch, so now you can simply run: sed -i 's/install
-v/install/g;s/@install/install/g' src/tools/Makefile

> Is there a way that I'm missing to display the actual compile commands
> during build, rather than the "CC blah.o" output?

Yes -- pass "V=3D1" in MAKE_FLAGS.

>> 2. wireguard-go
>> Runtime dependencies: none
>> Buildtime dependencies: gmake, go
>> Fixup: sed -i 's/ -v / /g' Makefile
>> Build: export GOPATH=3D$(pwd)/gopath; go get -d; gmake
>> Install: gmake PREFIX=3D/usr/local install
>> URL template: https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-go/snapshot/wireguard-go-V=
ERSIO
>> N.tar.xz
>
> I don't know anything about Go ports, so my attempt at this didn't get
> very far and hasn't built yet.

I simplified it quite a bit last night, so hopefully it's easier now:

Runtime dependencies: none
Buildtime dependencies: gmake, go
Fixup: sed -i 's/install -v/install/g;s/@install/install/g' Makefile
Build: gmake
Install: gmake PREFIX=3D/usr/local install
URL template: https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-go/snapshot/wireguard-go-VERS=
ION.tar.xz

The installer curl|sh disaster has also been updated: https://=D7=90.cc/IKu=
Bc62Z