Development discussion of WireGuard
* More advanced user configuration like SSH?
@ 2020-03-16 17:52
From:  @ 2020-03-16 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I would like to allow all of my colleagues to set up a wireguard VPN to
our servers.
We are managing our users (+ their SSH keys) via FreeIPA.
Is there a possibility to integrate Wireguard and FreeIPA authentication?

--------
In my dreams, wireguard could be used just like SSH:
"wg-quick user at wgserver.com"
with SSH-keys read from e.g. "~/authorized_peers" or some authentication
service.

Best regards,
Florian H?lzlwimmer

* More advanced user configuration like SSH?
@ 2020-04-05 21:53 ` buddybalaa
From: buddybalaa @ 2020-04-05 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

You could deliver WireGuard configuration to peers via a ssh invocation;

Something like:

ssh user at host register_peer peerName
---
endpoint: 192.168.0.1:18521
ip_assignment: 192.168.1.2

Then just parse the YAML locally to configure the users interface.